[opensuse-packaging] Re: error: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'char*'
  • From: Ralf Haferkamp <rhafer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 10:10:19 +0200
Stephan Kulow wrote:

On Friday 05 June 2009 11:13:06 Marcus Meissner wrote:
[..]

If it fixes getline() it will get 17 more packages fixed:

Adding a getline prototype is actually a fix not a bug, see the link
Martin posted.

What worries me much more are the random crashes we see all around,
I count 25 of those and they weren't there before the update. What worries
me most is I could not reproduce them with osc build,

openldap2 fails pretty reliably in the test suite currently and it is
reprodcuable with a local osc build as well. At least on x86_64 (haven't
tried anything else yet).

but they are not
bound to a specific build host - and according to bug 509398, valgrind
"hides" them.

So I'm wondering if we shouldn't back out of glibc 2.10 for the moment,
then again this might be a small fallout you don't notice normally and
only in Xen guests with n cpus - as in the build service, after all glibc
2.10 changed the malloc pools pretty drastically (according to drepper's
words).

--
regards,
Ralf