Re: [opensuse-packaging] error: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'char*'
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 13:03:04 +0200
Stephan Kulow schrieb:
What worries me much more are the random crashes we see all around,
I count 25 of those and they weren't there before the update. What worries
me most is I could not reproduce them with osc build, but they are not bound
to a specific build host - and according to bug 509398, valgrind "hides" them.

So I'm wondering if we shouldn't back out of glibc 2.10 for the moment, then
again this might be a small fallout you don't notice normally and only in Xen
guests with n cpus - as in the build service, after all glibc 2.10 changed the
malloc pools pretty drastically (according to drepper's words).

For the crashes which impair my package in that case I can reproduce
locally (osc build) w/o Xen at least. I have 4 CPUs though which could
make a difference.

Wolfgang