Re: [opensuse-packaging] error: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'char*'
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 11:32:34 +0200
Am Montag 01 Juni 2009 schrieb Martin Vidner:
Hi,

in case you wonder why your C++ package build started to fail with
error: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'char*'

It's because glibc-2.10 has been checked in which contains stricter
prototypes for some functions. Instead of the C prototype
char *strchr(const char *, int)
we have
char *strchr(char *, int)
const char *strchr(const char *, int)

Details are at http://udrepper.livejournal.com/20948.html

Thanks Martin for the pointer. The fallout of this is pretty large so I'm
asking anyone with a failure to fix packages - the change is done easily
done and we need to get the current rate of failures down before we can
integrate more things.

A lot of fixed packages are already waiting to be accepted, thanks for that.
But I'm afraid a lot is left to do ;(

Greetings, Stephan