[opensuse-packaging] spec_install_post
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 10:41:37 +0200
Hi,

I'm wondering what the following does and if it works in openSUSE (and
in which version if so): (seen in a Fedora spec file)

%define __spec_install_post \
%{?__debug_package:%{__debug_install_post}} \
%{__arch_install_post} \
%{__os_install_post} \
some \
commands \
%{nil}

It's apparently supposed to fix an issue I have currently solved by
using fragile %post install scriptlets.
I have binary files in the package for which I need something like
checksums calculated and saved in another files. I couldn't create them
in the build or install steps because they get changed when debuginfo is
extracted.

Thanks,
Wolfgang