Re: [opensuse-packaging] pstoedit still needs new maintainer
  • From: Raymond Wooninck <tittiatcoke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 13:40:34 +0200
On Thursday 28 May 2009 12:19:39 you wrote:
On May 28 11:51 Raymond Wooninck wrote (shortened):
It seems that every Factory packages requires an Novell internal
maintainer.

Therefore I wrote:
Perhaps one of kde-maintainers@xxxxxxx gnome-maintainers@xxxxxxx
or sbrabec@xxxxxxxxxx could maintain it because they need it:

Dear Johannes,

Fortunately pstoedit already found a new maintainer in Stanislav, but this
means that there is no maintainer any more for python-ReportLab. I would more
than happy to maintain the package, but as I am just an external contributor I
need a devel repo and an internal Novell maintainer before any changes can be
submitted to factory.

Given that nobody else indicated that they could take care of the package, I
see only two alternatives going forward :

1) The package python-ReportLab is marked as unmaintained and as such I
believe it should be removed from Factory.

2) The package python-ReportLab is marked as externally maintained and as
such the package it moved from Factory to Contrib. Once in Contrib I can
maintain it.

There is an alternative in which external contributors are allowed to maintain
Factory-packages if those packages falls into certain categories (e.g. No
other package depends on it, etc).

I would like to ask you and the other official Factory maintainers to let me
know which option is preferred for the python-ReportLab packge, but also to
keep in mind future requests where the official maintainers can no longer
maintain certain packages.

Regards

Raymond