Re: [opensuse-packaging] pstoedit still needs new maintainer
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 12:19:39 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

On May 28 11:51 Raymond Wooninck wrote (shortened):
It seems that every Factory packages requires an Novell internal maintainer.

Therefore I wrote:
Perhaps one of kde-maintainers@xxxxxxx gnome-maintainers@xxxxxxx
or sbrabec@xxxxxxxxxx could maintain it because they need it:

$ whatdependson pstoedit
- autotrace (sbrabec@xxxxxxxxxx)
- koffice2 (kde-maintainers@xxxxxxx)

$ whatdependson -R pstoedit
- inkscape [pstoedit=3.45-2.41]

$ maintainer inkscape
gnome-maintainers@xxxxxxx

An possibility would be that I create a SR to your devel-repo
and that you submit them to Factory after review.

No.
I have no time at all to review it.
I wrote:
I have no time at all to look at it
(regardless how little effort it might be to fix it).

None of "my" packages needs pstoedit and I have no personal
interest in pstoedit but other packages need pstoedit
so that - as far as I see - the only reasonable way is:

Either those who need it must maintain it
or those who need it may find out they actually do not need it
(perhaps it is actually only optionally "needed") so that
we can drop it from Factory.

Alternatively:
A Novell internal higher priority to fix pstoedit gets enforced
than anything else what I work on (i.e. fix pstoedit gets a
higher priority than anything regarding printing and scanning).

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex