Re: [opensuse-packaging] Editing openSUSE packages
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 22:54:16 +0200
Juergen Weigert schrieb:
Donning my legal hat for a
Minute (which does not make me a lawyer at all).

On May 06, 09 20:50:31 +0200, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Again once the package goes to Factory all the information and headers
are changed. So you don't need to fiddle with it at all since you have
no control speaking for Factory.

If this is really the case, then we - Packagers - still need a way to correct
false headers.

The last time I checked my copyright additions were removed again after
the changed package appeared in Factory.
In the sense of your mail that really needs to be fixed (if it's still
the case) since removing other people's copyright notices could be
considered problematic.
So how about the Factory build people check their search-and-replace
logic to make it possible to add third party copyright notices (again:
if it doesn't work already, otherwise ignore me ;-))

Wolfgang