Re: [opensuse-packaging] Editing openSUSE packages
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 21:42:49 +0200
2009/5/6 Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi,

I'm no Novell employee so probably know all the details but I can try.

Cristian Morales Vega schrieb:
There are some questions I face every time I create a submitreq
against a package created by Novell/SUSE.

So you talk about submitreq which should end up in Factory aka the
official openSUSE?

Yes. Even if there are some packages that were dropped from Factory
and mantained elsewhere for which this also applies.

a) ready file: If I remember correctly this is imported from the old
autobuild. I can and even should remove it, true?

Currently it will reappear AFAIK if you remove it. So something still
creates it when it hits Factory.

I though this wasn't the case anymore since the distro was started to
be built in the OBS. But if it's the case fine, I don't need to worry
about it.