Re: [opensuse-packaging] Changelogs need changes?
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 15:53:09 +0100
Am Friday 27 February 2009 15:11:45 schrieb Vladimir Nadvornik:
On Ășt 24. Ășnora 2009, anicka@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hello!

I would like to discuss here one aspect of our changelog policy.

What about this policy:
"Backward incompatible changes should be mentioned in the RPM changelog."

This eliminates the problem with 30 equaly important bugfixes
and gives clear direction what to look for, even if it is not
enough emphasized by upstream.

Yeah. But I wonder how changes can be incompatible in another direction than
backward. Just the wording, but it puzzled me.

Greetings, Stephan