Re: [opensuse-packaging] Changelogs need changes?
  • From: Richard Guenther <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:45:46 +0100 (CET)
On Wed, 25 Feb 2009, Vincent Untz wrote:

Le mardi 24 février 2009, à 16:55 +0100, anicka@xxxxxxx a écrit :
I think that we spent countless hours of time working on something that no
one
is interested in. Even its very presence might be annoying in some cases.
Should we really continue doing it? Would not be better to just go back
several
years and start to do it like others do it?

This was discussed on opensuse-gnome last month:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-gnome/2009-01/msg00132.html

The main issue I have with changing this policy is when people submit an
update to the devel project. Then the maintainers have to review this
update, and without the changelog, it's hard to know if something is
wrong in the update.

There's the commit message from the build-service RCS, isn't that
a proper place for noting the changes?

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <rguenther@xxxxxxx>