Re: [opensuse-packaging] Changelogs need changes?
  • From: anicka@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 18:10:26 +0100
URL is useless when you have no connectivity. Upstream changes should be
packaged (ChangeLog, NEWS, etc.) and if there is none, packager could
create it (and copy the changes from website or so, but these cases are
rare). If we will follow that, it would suffice to put this into our
changes:

- updated to 1.2.3 (see NEWS)

Actually, although it is much better than the thing we are doing now, just
imagine how weird will it look after several updates:

- updated to 1.2.3 (see NEWS)
- updated to 1.2.2 (see NEWS)
- updated to 1.2.1 (see NEWS)

It would be probably better to think up some standard location for a changelog
and maintain it as a symlink to the proper file, without having to talk about
it again and again in RPM changelog.

Even ie. zypper would have easy way to obtain this information then, if ever
needed.

Anicka