Re: [opensuse-packaging] translation-update-upstream: new package and feature
  • From: Stanislav Brabec <sbrabec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 15:24:02 +0100
Magnus Boman wrote:

On Sun, 2009-02-22 at 06:33 +0100, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hrm, this sounds wrong :-) If it's not interesting for openSUSE, then,
well, it just shouldn't go in openSUSE. So the question is "how can we
make it interesting for openSUSE?".

I can also help openSUSE. The time window is just smaller. During beta
releases we have a package version freeze (b3?). From b3 to GA (RCx)
ist usually lasts a month or more and during this period is still time
to pull in translations from upstream.

I know that I'm a bit stupid but, I still don't understand this. What
translations would we add to openSUSE but not upstream?

September: Last update is done, versions are frozen.

November: Upstream released new version with new translations. It's too
late for version update.

December: We'll collect translations from versions released in September
to December and through translation-update-upstream populate to
packages.

End of December: Release of September version with translation quality
of November version.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec