Re: [opensuse-packaging] openSUSE vs Fedora packaging documentation
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 14:03:09 +0100
On Monday 16 February 2009 14:04:00 Stanislav Brabec wrote:
Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Friday 13 February 2009 12:47:56 Stanislav Brabec wrote:
[...]
Obscure SuSE specific configuration like /etc/gnome_defaults.conf is an
answer to upstream GNOME, which provided infrastructure for selecting a
default application, but it did not provide any way to guess such
application.

Getting many bugs about incorrectly associated MIME types, I wrote this
one.

Are those changes upstream? If not, please try! That would make the
conflicts smaller as well ;)

No.

- It is not a patch but an utility on top of GNOME MIME system.

- I guess that upstream will not like implementation of associative
arrays in bash.

Tool seems to work well, but just now I have a bug regarding KDE and
MIME defaults in firefox. It should not be complicated to generalize it
and re-implement in C and then propose as a generic freedesktop tool.

That sounds like a good idea, I'd like to have such kind of solutions
upstream,

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany