[opensuse-packaging] Re: gcc 4.4 preparations
  • From: Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 22:02:50 +0100
On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 01:07:24PM +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Hi,

gcc 4.4 is nearing it's release date and so we put it up
in openSUSE:Factory/staging to see how hard it hits us.

The "porting to 4.4" guide is pretty short, but still it affects
a good portion of packages.

We have currently 44 failing packages in standard repo (gcc 4.3)
and > 200 in staging repo (gcc 4.4). There are quite some follow
up problems, e.g. with boost and gcj. Still if you want to see if
your packages are affected - or want to help others, look here:
http://tinyurl.com/ac8se4

That gives "No Results". I doubt all problems have vanished in a
few days.

Regards,
Arvin

BTW: The widget for changing the status filter is a pure disaster
with Firefox.

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxx>