Re: [opensuse-packaging] Desktop categories: mismatch in brp-desktop and rpmlint
  • From: Stanislav Brabec <sbrabec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 18:10:29 +0100
David Bolt wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Stephan Kulow wrote:-

<snip>

brp-desktop checks if the desktop file will map to one of our menu
structures.
And according to /etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu the category is
X-SuSE-Core-Multimedia, but AudiVideo already maps there.

It indicates several errors in the check (and very probably in menu
definitions).

Please open a bug in Bugzilla.

SuSE specific categories without initial X- should not exist.

Note that Freedesktop itself has a problem with definition of Education
and Science. I see no reason why Geology can be used with Science but
Geography cannot be used with.

Did you use any tool to parse Freedesktop spec and create a list? Maybe
it could be useful as well.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec