Re: [opensuse-packaging] openSUSE vs Fedora packaging documentation
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 16:53:12 +0100
Le vendredi 13 février 2009, à 12:55 +0100, Stanislav Brabec a écrit :
Andreas Jaeger wrote:

What about the following:
* Create a cross-distribution (RPM based) consensus with other distros
(Fedora
was interested in this) on the following:

+ Use rpmbuild and rpm versions behaving equally on both distros.

It must be the first step, otherwise fix of one will break the other.

So I guess the first question is "how hard would it be to move to rpm
4.6?" and the second one is "did we try pushing our rpm patches to rpm
upstream?".

Or, basically, are we involved in the development of upstream rpm?

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.