Re: [opensuse-packaging] openSUSE vs Fedora packaging documentation
  • From: Lars Vogdt <lrupp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:59:15 +0100
On Mittwoch 11 Februar 2009 15:51:02 Michal Vyskocil wrote:
Or another example - is really necessary talk about BuildService
account on packaging cookbooks of KDE[5] or Java[6]? In fact with
this structure, where they exists outside Packaging/ it makes a
sense, but it's really necessary?

Please "ping" the original authors of the pages you've mentioned.

So main questions are:
- how could be Packaging/ maintained (eg. we would have a Docbook
original somewhere and convert it to wiki as SUSE packaging

NO!
We've a docbook in the past, but writing xml (even with the best editor
in town) is ugly. That's why we use the wiki for it: it's easier to get
people working/fixing things in the wiki than in a separate book stored
in a CVS somewhere else.

But: it might be a good idea to have some tools which extract the wiki
pages from time to time and produce some kind of PDF, static HTML or
something like that for users without internet access.

conventions [2])? - how could we structure existing information to be
more readable and useful for community?

=> Should be something for the Wiki Mailingllist, too - CCing...

- what is missing, or unclear and needs to be improved?
(- and who will do this all ;-))

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines
[2] http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging/SUSE_Package_Conventions
[3] http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging/