Re: [opensuse-packaging] openSUSE vs Fedora packaging documentation
  • From: Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:50:38 +0100
On Wednesday 11 of February 2009 16:54:54 Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Hi,

on 02/11/2009 03:51 PM Michal Vyskocil wrote:
I compared a Fedora Packaging Guidelines [1] and SUSE Packaging
Convetions [2] and I think that Fedora documentation is really better
than we provide.

[...]

If we want to help a community to participate on openSUSE (for example
packaging in Contrib) we also need a better documentation than we have.

It's probably not what you want to hear but i can tell you this:

I did not expect any other response ;-)

If you won't do it nobody will. So take whats there and structure it how
you think its best for the users. Then come back here, propose your
results and collect feedback. If you get feedback then incorporate it.
Repeat that cycle unless you are certain that you incorporated all
feedback. In the end put it into place.

You're right. I just tried to check, if anyone has some idea what's really
missing now.

This is what you can do and this is the only way to resolve this
particular task.

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.