Re: [opensuse-packaging] ln -s to every $USER
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 18:22:41 +0100
Sascha 'saigkill' Manns wrote:
On Mittwoch 11 Februar 2009 17:39:45 Pavol Rusnak wrote:
Sascha 'saigkill' Manns wrote:
i woul'd like to make "ln-s /path/file" to every Users/home. Has
anyone an Idea?
What is possible usecase for this?
The Backround:
I've created the new BOINC Package (Version 6.4.5). Through execution
init.d/boinc the daemon created the Folder /var/lib/boinc with the *.xml
Files. The daemon runs fine. The GUI too. But the GUI cannot connect to
the daemon. Now i must test, if the file gui_rpc_auth.cfg is present in
the /home/$USER. If not it must be linked from /var/lib/boinc to the
User folder.
Solution 1.) I add this in the init.d Package and let automatic link.
Solution 2.) I let make this on userside.
Problem: Without this ln -s the GUI cannot connect to daemon.
Goal: My goal is to release an user friendly Packet. And all is
automated...

I'm afraid it's wrong to check and/or edit users homes one by one while
the package is installed:

* Some users might be added after that
* Sometimes users are not a local ones and you can't even access their
home directories (NFS, ...)

The only correct way is to check and modify the users home on users side
(when starting an application or so).

Bye
Lukas

< Previous Next >