Re: [opensuse-packaging] Question for packaging python apps
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 19:39:05 +0100
Le jeudi 05 février 2009, à 19:17 +0100, Jan Matejek a écrit :
Actually it's a little more difficult than that - what you (and
upstream) are doing is directly against FHS, which states that program
files aren't supposed to go anywhere near ${_datadir}.

Nod, that was the original reason for my patch ;-)

General recommendation is to put everything in %{py_sitedir}.
But it's not a policy (yet), because this approach also has some
drawbacks... And python upstream doesn't have a strong opinion on this
either, that's the worst part.

so, simple answer is, keep the files where upstream wants them, until
somebody comes up with a better way. (and when that somebody does, i'll
keep you posted)

Okay, thanks. I removed the patch. It was breaking at every update, so
it was quite annoying ;-)

Thanks,

Vincent

--