Re: [opensuse-packaging] Question for packaging python apps
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 14:36:47 +0100
On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 12:24:26PM +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
Hi,

I have a python app that installs all its .py files in
${_datadir}/%{name}, and upstream thinks it's right. I thought it made
sense to put the files in %{py_sitedir}/%{name}, so I originally had a
patch to do this, but if upstream doesn't want it, I'm not really keen
on keeping it.

Is there any policy for this?

If those files are private to the app, as opposed to usable by
others as a library, then ${_datadir}/%{name} is a reasonable
private storage and I see no reason to diverge from upstream.
--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner