Re: [opensuse-packaging] OBS Scheduler = Dead
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 10:34:40 +0100
Am Dienstag, 3. Februar 2009 03:27:30 schrieb Hubert Figuiere:
On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 12:55 +1100, Magnus Boman wrote:
Are there any plans to have someone monitor (and fix issues) in OBS
24x7?

Atm, the scheduler is dead and everyone is a sleep, which is quiet
annoying as it's daytime where I am.

Actually it was the dispatcher, not the scheduler. (I can't remember when the
dispatcher was ever dieing, need to check this).

Unfortunatly the service monitors seems to get broken by a commit for making
pathes configurable, need to fix that. (we have the web monitor page and
nagios cell phone text message notification otherwise).

So, yes, we do not have 24x7 and there are currently no plans to get this.
However, we have people who work early in the morning and others who work late
in the night. So we are actually not far away from 24x7.
But just right now half the people are either ill or on vacation :/

bye
adrian

--

Adrian Schroeter
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)