Re: [opensuse-packaging] Please do not bypass the devel projects
  • From: Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 10:15:33 -0800
On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 07:04:04PM +0100, Bernhard Walle wrote:
It's also important that the stuff is *simple*. I personally don't like git
because it's too complicated (I prefer hg or svn for software where I can
decide which revision control system is used).

Git is just as simple as hg or svn for the majority of things done with
it. You don't have to use the crazy branch stuff if you don't want to,
just use it exactly like svn or cvs.

There are some very good tutorials on using git just like this if you
are curious.

I'm more interested in the software itself than managing the software.
Yes, for the kernel where 1000 people contribute such complicated
tools are necessary, but not for simple projects where 5 people work
on something.

Using git on projects with just 1 person is not a problem, it doesn't
require complicated workflow patterns, but it can support it if you so
desire.

So don't blame the tool here for the fact that some people use it in
wierd ways, blame the user :)

thanks,

greg k-h