[opensuse-packaging] Re: [opensuse-factory] Call for Contribution: RPMLint Site
  • From: Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 18:07:05 -0300
Sascha 'saigkill' Manns escribió:
RPMLINT gives me any Errors or
warnings. But these things to fix, are very difficult.

Actually, it is quite the opposite, most rpmlint warnings are very
simple to fix, but I understand that new packagers may have a hard time
with the lack of "real" formal documentation..

From my side, i can
say, that it's not good to make rpmlint as standard in OBS

it is good, because it provides a "first line of defense" to users, so
they avoid getting broken packages.

Just wondering.. what error message or warning you fail to understand ?

--
"We have art in order not to die of the truth" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Cristian Rodríguez R.
Software Developer
Platform/OpenSUSE - Core Services
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH