Re: [opensuse-packaging] Who should own a directory that is usedby many packages?
  • From: Philipp Thomas <Philipp.Thomas2@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 12:46:38 +0100
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:51:15 +0100, you wrote:

You got it out of context.. shame on you.

Seems I somehow misunderstood what was being written.

The paragraph referred to the fact that the directory does not have to be
owned in this case and RPM would create all required parent directories
needed (true).

in THIS case, the parent directories won't be removed on removal of a
package, as it is not owned by any (except if you happen to install such a
package too...)

But this shouldn't happen! I haven't testet with the OBS, but our autobuild
(predecessor of the OBS) will reject a package if it contains directories
without an owner. So either your package owns a directory or one of the
packages you depend on.

Philipp