[opensuse-packaging] Conventions for summary/description/group of devel packages?
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 12:59:34 +0200
Hi,

Looking at the packaging conventions, I didn't see any information for
creating devel packages, which is something rather... common :-) (or
maybe I missed the page about this)

It looks to me like all packages use different conventions for this,
while a standard pattern for summary and description would make sense.

Eg, a standard summary could be "Development files and libraries for
$package" and a standard description could be "Headers and libraries for
developing applications that use $something."

Also, right now, it's not clear to me if the group of the devel package
should be the same as the non-devel package or something like
Development/Libraries.

Any opinion?

Thanks,

Vincent