Re: [opensuse-packaging] php5 compile questions
Care to explain what are your "compatibility" problems ? other than " Im
lazy and I dont want to change some code?"
if you work for your own this may be right, but if you are working for b e l o v e d customers you have to do some suboptimal things...

May be a more consequent way of realising 64bit OS?
maybe they use the wrong way ? ;-)
can you explain this? what could be reasons for two different 64bit layouts? ( i need some arguments against ubuntu ;) )

How is this issue > seen by other packagers.
There is absolutely nothing to fix in this case, PHP4 is swimming with
the fishes, let it rest in peace.

ok, php4 is dead, but i am interested in general aspects in 64 bit OS design... why did suse choose this direction? seems to be for me a very aggressiv way to push 64bit and cause developers to watch their steps of cost of expensive patching/loss of older software?

Thanks,
Andre