Re: [opensuse-packaging] php5 compile questions
php4.spec file is different to the PHP5 one.

ok, is working now. It seems that some standard php4-extensions are hardcoded to lib folder and are ignoring %_libdir params.
Latest php4.spec that i found is for php4-4.4.0, they used ~80 patches, may be for this and other reasons...
Sure php4 is outdatet but some require it for compatibility reasons.

I did also some tests on ubuntu-hardy 64bit where php4 compiling was pretty easy. They hold libs in libfolder, lib64 is symlinked to lib and lib32 separatly.
May be a more consequent way of realising 64bit OS? How is this issue seen by other packagers.
I dont know backgrounds, what are advantages/disadvantages, in which direction 64bit development will go?

Thanks,
Andre