[opensuse-packaging] RPM version ordering
  • From: Jan Matejek <jan.matejek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 18:22:49 +0200

hi all,
i have a problem with one of my packages, python-openssl: the previous
version was called 0.7a and the current one is 0.7.
However, in rpm's (and zypp's) view 0.7a > 0.7 and the package will
break distribution upgrade because it won't let itself be "downgraded".

How can i work around this? Is it possible to e.g. specify that the
newer one Obsoletes: %{name} = 0.7a and be done with it?

thanks for help
m.

- --
(if you have any comments, please CC me in the reply, otherwise my
replies will break threads. that is a bug in my way of using the
mailinglist, which is not yet fixed)