Re: [opensuse-packaging] RPM bug when updating or something I should know?
  • From: Michael Matz <matz@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:09:53 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008, Michael Schroeder wrote:

That's even a broken link (libcucul.so.0.99.14 doesn't exist). I
think that's pretty clearly an RPM bug. The generated files don't
match what's in the rpm.

Hmm, or (just maybe) it might be ldconfig breaking this. E.g. rpm
installing the files and softlinks just fine, but then ldconfig
(perhaps mislead by wrong SONAMEs in the DSOs) generates wrong
targets? On reflection this can't really happen, but something to
try. Perhaps an strace of rpm while updating this package reveals
something interesting.

My experience is that it's ldconfig medling with the library links. I
doubt that it's a rpm bug.

We will know once we see an strace. If the SONAMEs aren't completely
unreasonable ldconfig shouldn't lead to the above situation either.

Ciao,
Michael.