Re: [opensuse-packaging] LIRC and MythTV
  • From: James Tremblay aka SLEducator <fxrsliberty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 10:36:58 -0400

Ludwig Nussel wrote:
James Tremblay aka SLEducator wrote:

It is still near impossible to get the MCE keyboard to work. is there
some possibility of a yast module for lirc?

Well, unless some volunteer does it I doubt that this will happen.
Getting an MCE remote to work should be quite trivial though.
Something like

# zypper in lirc-kmp
[plug in hardware]
# cp /usr/share/lirc/remotes/mceusb/lircd.conf.mceusb /etc/lircd.conf
# rclirc start

Is there anything else you need to configure?

cu
Ludwig

Ludwig,
Thanks for the reply, I was off on other thoughts for a while, this is
the first moment back to this.
The process you provide does indeed get the core MCE remote working ,
however this only translates to some of the
keyboard functions . This Keyboard:
http://www.activewin.com/articles/2005/images/hw1.gif seems to require
more configuration.
which I don't seem to be able to easily translate from all the mythtv
posts on the subject , worse yet, most of the help on the subject refers
to Mythbuntu. blechhh! ;) I was hoping that someone else had one of
these and would create a simple RPM to get the pair (
http://images.sudhian.com/review/microsoft/mcekbd/tuan.huynh.mcekbd.10.jpg)
running with a "1-click"

Again thanks for all your help.
JT