Re: [opensuse-packaging] Stripping executables
  • From: Michael Behrisch <behrisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 22:19:48 +0200
On 2008-09-23 22:05:06 +0200, Michael Behrisch wrote:
Now, what can I do to strip my executables before packaging them?
Do I have to call strip by hand or I am just overlooking something?

you can enable debuginfo packages for your project

[[[
<debuginfo>
<enable/>
</debuginfo>
]]]

osc meta prj -e yourproject

and add this block above the first <repository> block (without the
[[[]]])

that will strip the binaries and create additional packages for easier
debugging.

And if it should not be project wide you could use the %debug_package
macro in your spec file (and add -g to your buildflags since
$RPM_OPT_FLAGS wouldn't have it in that case).

Thank you, that solved my problem. As this is my first try on rpm packaging,
I am not using the build service (yet), thus the other approaches did not
work for me (at least as far as I understood them, they referred to build
service configuration).

Regards,
Michael