Re: [opensuse-packaging] klamav-0.42-54.1 in both repo-oss and updates
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 12:00:22 +0200
On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 11:56:45AM +0200, Christian Morales Vega wrote:
See
http://forums.opensuse.org/applications/395155-zypper-yast-package-update-problem.html

The thing is that there exists a klamav official update, that links
against a clamav with a new soname, with the same version and release
number than the original version.
$ rpm -qRp
"http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.0/repo/oss/suse/x86_64/klamav-0.42-54.1.x86_64.rpm";
| grep clamav
libclamav.so.4()(64bit)
libclamav.so.4(CLAMAV_PUBLIC)(64bit)
$ rpm -qRp
"http://download.opensuse.org/update/11.0/rpm/x86_64/klamav-0.42-54.1.x86_64.rpm";
| grep clamav
libclamav.so.5()(64bit)
libclamav.so.5(CLAMAV_PUBLIC)(64bit)

Before opening a bug... this is just wrong, true?

We have released updates with recompiled klamav for this already.

Occasionally clamav does bump the SO version, we usually release
klamav and sylpheed-claws / claws-mail with it.

Ciao, Marcus