Re: [opensuse-packaging] java-devel provides error
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:40:00 +0200
On Thursday 17 April 2008 12:51:34 wrote Glenn Holmer:
On Wednesday 16 April 2008 00:38:04 Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Tuesday 15 April 2008 23:56:50 wrote Denny Beyer:
Regarding a default java devel package, I do not share the opinion
that this should be the oldest possible version that is working. I
think it should rather be the _latest_ available version on the
release.

+1, please use latest Java version.

That would mean that can basically drop the old java, because all
packages require the new one. That would be fine, but IIRC there are
quite some packages requiering explicit the old ones ?

Which ones? Couldn't they have a specific dependency on the older
version?

IIRC, also base packages require the old ones, so the complete stack is down
to that version.

But I am no java packager, if someone from the team tells us to configure it
differently, we will do it. Just all the java packages in Factory needs still
working.

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: adrian@xxxxxxx