Re: [opensuse-packaging] java-devel provides error
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:38:04 +0200
On Tuesday 15 April 2008 23:56:50 wrote Denny Beyer:
Hi guy's,

following the discussions here on the list, there is _always_ a java-devel
provided to build against, and that should be used rather than some more
specific sun-jdk as a buildrequires setting.
Trying to do that, i got the expansion error for opensuse_Factory, because
apparently nothing provides java-devel?

yes, this is currently broken,I try to fix it this week.

Regarding a default java devel package, I do not share the opinion that
this should be the oldest possible version that is working. I think it
should rather be the _latest_ available version on the release.

That would mean that can basically drop the old java, because all packages
require the new one. That would be fine, but IIRC there are quite some
packages requiering explicit the old ones ?

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: adrian@xxxxxxx