Re: [opensuse-packaging] Questions regarding branding policy
  • From: Stanislav Brabec <sbrabec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:54:17 +0200
Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 10. April 2008 schrieb Stanislav Brabec:
if branding-openSUSE is installed, then all packages that supplement will
be installed as well.

Then both proposal and packages already done need to move to packageand
form. I'll prepare update and fixes.

In the first case, I should have to update specs and replace the plain
supplement by the packageand(foo:branding-openSUSE).

where foo is.. ?

The name of the package, which should be branded.

gimp-branding-openSUSE.spec:
Supplements: packageand(gimp:branding-openSUSE)

This is pretty urgent to fix.

Conventions updated:
http://en.opensuse.org/SUSE_Package_Conventions/Branding#Branding_supplement

I see. I will fix all remaining packages today, whenever I will have a
solution for rpm self conflict (it works for libzypp but breaks rpm).

This is the list of packages pulled into
a base system - requiring many other packages.

It should not except special cases (branding requires default theme
package). Proposal does not contain this dependency, as it would cause
dependency loop.

bootsplash-branding-openSUSE
gfxboot-branding-openSUSE
gimp-branding-openSUSE
glib2-branding-openSUSE
kde4-kio_sysinfo-branding-openSUSE
kdebase4-workspace-branding-openSUSE

Supplements: packageand(gimp:branding-openSUSE)

I fixed kde*4 and I think bootsplash-branding is the only one that should
stay there.

Even this could be fixed for consistency.

glib2-branding should be fine as long as it's not requring anything and
is as tiny as it is. I think gconf-branding-openSUSE wasn't pulled because
it supplements 10.3 not 11.0.

I will fix this as well.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,