Re: [opensuse-packaging] Image based installation
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:31:39 +0200
Am Donnerstag 10 April 2008 schrieb Johannes Meixner:
Could you provide background information what is going on
behind the scenes (i.e. the difference to using plain rpm)
so that I would better understand what the root cause is
why it is not allowed.

It's an image. Perhaps the live cd we provide for quite some
time already makes it more clear to you. We install rpms at
time X, then make a CD out of it and ship it to the user.

The user boots the live cd and if then this live system would
always preconfigure print queue Meixners because it happened
to be in the system that created the live cd, this would be
pretty bad.

And this is exactly what I'm talking about. And no, I can't
give you a way to check your packages, you will have to read/write
the %post scripts in a way that they do not assume anything.
It's just not their job.

Greetings, Stephan