Re: [opensuse-packaging] sysprof removed?
  • From: Hans Petter Jansson <hpj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 02:40:10 -0600
On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 10:33 +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Freitag 04 April 2008 schrieb Hans Petter Jansson:

Didn't we use to ship sysprof? Has it been removed from the distro for
11.0? I'm asking because it's so useful to me, and I don't think I'm the
only one. I'd consider maintaining it.

It was dropped by greg (reviewing KMPs) with the following comment:
"system profiler, with the advent of oprofile, I think this can be dropped"

I would put it in build service.

It was developed specifically because oprofile is more complex to use,
so I don't think it's redundant, unless oprofile got a lot better over
the last year or so.

--
Hans Petter