[opensuse-packaging] Re: openSUSE and QT locale against gettext
  • From: Bernhard Walle <bwalle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 15:20:06 +0200
* Dirk Stoecker [2008-04-02 15:14]:

to make it a bit more user friendly I want to translate merkaartor (in
BuildService Application:Geo). This is a QT4 software with tr()'s
everywhere in the source, but no localisation done yet.

Now my questions is - how to do that for openSUSE/linux? QT uses the
linguist and it's own fileformat, whereas under linux gettext is used. Is
there a style guide or a generic approach for QT localization under Linux?

What's your problem with linguist? You also can use your preferred text
editor to edit this XML files.

Bernhard