[opensuse-packaging] openSUSE and QT locale against gettext
  • From: Dirk Stoecker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 15:14:41 +0200 (CEST)
Hello,

to make it a bit more user friendly I want to translate merkaartor (in BuildService Application:Geo). This is a QT4 software with tr()'s everywhere in the source, but no localisation done yet.

Now my questions is - how to do that for openSUSE/linux? QT uses the linguist and it's own fileformat, whereas under linux gettext is used. Is there a style guide or a generic approach for QT localization under Linux?

I know KDE uses gettext as well, but never looked into the details. I also did not find something helpful when using Google. Any tips?

Ciao