Re: [opensuse-packaging] "knx" package should be removed - due to unmaintainence.
  • From: Andreas Schneider <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:03:59 +0100
Alexey Eremenko wrote:
>> I thought George Wright took this over and created Qt-nx which is part
>> of the freenx svn. See
>> http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/freenx/nxclientlib/qtnx/?rev=0&sc=0 and
>> http://blog.gwright.org.uk/articles/2006/08/23/qtnx-ready-for-public-consumption
>>

> Well, this one looks interesting. I will evaluate it later.. (maybe in
> weekend)
>
> I still don't understand a concept of Windows NX Server from his blog.
> NX Server cannot run on Windows, becuase NX is tied to X-Window-System
> and SSH, neither of which are Windows technologies. While the SSH and
> NX clients run on Windows, not so with NX server.

The idea is to run a NX Server on Linux in the local network and use the
NX protocol.

PC 1 PC 2 PC 3
| NX client |<-- internet -->| NX server |<-- local net -->| Windows |

The communication between NX server and Windows is RDP, and the
communication between the NX client and the NX server is NX protocol. So
you get all advantages of NX.

-- andreas

--
http://www.cynapses.org/ - cybernetic synapses