Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Please consider including VirtualBox with openSUSE 10.3
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:27:19 +0100
"Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> This is very nice, indeed, but my point was to fully integrate
> openSUSE 10.3 and VirtualBox.
>
> read - we provide: (me and Marcus)
> -My Documentation (+updates)
> -end-user support of this product (any user can ask me questions)
> -RPM packages provided by Marcus
> -BETA-testing by me and Marcus
>
> In turn we want to have VirtualBox available in the "main" repository
> and be included with openSUSE DVD.
>
> What's the procedure for making this thing done?
> Is this mailing-list a correct place to wish such thing? or should I
> go to devel list?

We're planning on making it easier for package to go into the main
distribution in the future and I hope that it can be done that way.

I'll mark this for now and will discuss it later again. But for now
let me ask under which license VirtualBox is so that we can check
whether we can include it at all,

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany