Re: [opensuse-packaging] Proposal: Any "rm" in .spec %install must be commented
  • From: Stanislav Brabec <sbrabec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:03:24 +0100
Klaus Singvogel píše v Čt 15. 03. 2007 v 16:49 +0100:

> So, is it a bug of a package to remove uncompressed manpages, because
> upstream installs uncompressed as well as compressed manpages into the
> system?

No, it is only something non obvious. If anybody else takes the package,
one must dig deeper to find reason, why it happens.

> I can give you several more examples in packages, which you call "most
> probably a bug": e.g. installation of KDE .desktop files, which is
> done by macro in our distribution, but not from upstream.

It is a tool work-around - we do this differently.

But I guess we can agree, that all non-obvious removals should be
commented, for both readability by other persons and preventing
packaging bugs.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec