Re: [opensuse-packaging] Proposal: Any "rm" in .spec %install must be commented
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:43:03 +0100
Am Thursday 15 March 2007 schrieb Michael Matz:

> I don't see what the build team has to do with that.
> Are you really making the case for not writing comments? I can't believe
> that.
There are things on earth harder to believe - say Matz before 9 on a
thursday :)

I'm not speaking against comments but against having a policy to reject
packages without comments. Because rm calls are no special than sed calls
or grep -v calls or _anything_ hacky. But as others said: what is hacky lies
in the eye of the reader/writer, so I don't want to see that in a policy.

"Packagers should have a clue what they're doing or document they have none"
is as good as it gets for me :)

Greetings, Stephan