Re: [opensuse-packaging] Proposal: Any "rm" in .spec %install must be commented
  • From: Juergen Weigert <jw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:08:58 +0100
On Mar 15, 07 14:53:50 +0100, Richard Guenther wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
>
> > Hallo.
> >
> > I have just notified, that many people "fix" (i. e. break) their
> > packages to pass QA checks by removing required files instead of fixing
> > them, i. e. removing .desktop files instead of installing icon or fixing
> > Categories, removing gconf schemas instead of correct installation.

> If they "fix" or "break" their package what does it help to add a comment?
> It looks like you are proposing that package maintainers have a clue ;)

No. Especially cluelessness needs documentation.
Example:
"# I don't care about this gconf stuff. Remove seems to help."

This is a very useful comment.
It pinpoints the actual problem that the maintainer has.

cheers,
Jw.

<V> | jw@xxxxxxx wide open suse_/ _---|____________\/
\ | 0911 74053-508 (tm)__/ (____/ /\