Re: [opensuse-packaging] Proposal: Any "rm" in .spec %install must be commented
  • From: Richard Guenther <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:53:50 +0100 (CET)
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Stanislav Brabec wrote:

> Hallo.
>
> I have just notified, that many people "fix" (i. e. break) their
> packages to pass QA checks by removing required files instead of fixing
> them, i. e. removing .desktop files instead of installing icon or fixing
> Categories, removing gconf schemas instead of correct installation.
>
> So I propose:
>
> Each removal in %install phase must be correctly commented (i. e. why
> these files are obsolete or why they are installed by mistake),
> otherwise package will not be checked-in.

If they "fix" or "break" their package what does it help to add a comment?
It looks like you are proposing that package maintainers have a clue ;)

I also don't see why removals in %install are somehow special -- either
everything non-obvious to the autobuild people doing the check-in should
be rejected without comments clarifying it or nothing. If you'd count
check-in as a sort of first-level QA.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <rguenther@xxxxxxx>