Re: [opensuse-packaging] Please consider including VirtualBox with openSUSE 10.3
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:45:28 +0100
jdd wrote:

I will report if there is some wiki page :-)

VirtualBox here run only for root - in fact when I first tried it it was in the rpm window, so as root (same thing from a terminal or from the menu).

as user (of course within the good group, and after restarting linux), at first run it says

"Failed to initialise COM or the VirtualBox COM server..."
This run creates a folder in /tmp and fail to remove it, so the second run give an error in creating this folder (/tmp/.vbox-jdd-ipc/ipcd), that must be deleted by hand.

probably a permission problem on the exec files

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
Lucien Dodin, inventeur