Re: [opensuse-packaging] Please consider including VirtualBox with openSUSE 10.3
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:51:57 +0100
Alexey Eremenko wrote:
Hi all !

Please consider including VirtualBox package with openSUSE 10.3.

VirtualBox Home Page:
www.virtualbox.org

I want to say that I could dl and install VirtualBox on my 10.1 machine. I didn't use it really (just create a virtual machine and boot->no boot system error, expected :-).

I couldn't use Yast (probaby and old bug), but rpm -ivh gave me the expected warning about libxalan and libxerces. I couls copy the hole lib name (including version number) in Yast search and find and install them. after that all the install went well (including module compiling)

I can't execute it from the kde menu, I don't understand why (tried many options), but it does from Konsole (not always opening in the same desktop :-)

I will report if there is some wiki page :-)

thanks
jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net