Re: [opensuse-packaging] Please consider including VirtualBox with openSUSE 10.3
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:43:08 +0100
Alexey Eremenko wrote:
Hi all !

Please consider including VirtualBox package with openSUSE 10.3.
I'm heavy emulators/virtualization user, so this addition would be
important for me.

this seems very interesting. I read your paper then have some questions:

* it seems quite similar to VMware as of the features/install, true?
* I don't see the extremely ugly "recompile module for a given kernel" than vmware have. Is that true or is the dl bind to a kernel? (I use 10.1, right now)
* does this have the "permanent" versus "temporary" system of vmware? (one can lock the vm image, use and write on the vm guest and choose to save or don't save when quitting)

NB: the VirtualBox home page wiki is extremely slow, may be because your mail :-))

thanks
jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net