[opensuse-packaging] Packaging libtool archives (*.la files)
  • From: Andreas Hanke <andreas.hanke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 04:59:18 +0200
Hi,

while looking at various spec files, I noticed that it seems to become
increasingly popular these days that libtool archives (*.la files) are
removed from packages, by deleting them during the build or by using the
%exclude directive or similar.

Is there a general policy about this? The idea seems to come from
Fedora, where this _is_ a general policy. I'd like to know whether we
have a similar policy or whether each packager decides that himself.

Andreas Hanke